Monday, November 23, 2009

A Work in Progress...

So, this week I have discovered that researching your final project is always a good idea. I was so excited to get started with LibriVox that I got everything ready, read a couple chapters to become more familiar with my book, checked out my microphone abilities...and then I discovered that due to copyright laws LibriVox only allows readings and releases of book published before 1923. Well, for those of you who don't know, The Giver was published 1993. Anyhow, so I began a new search. I am now looking into working with Speaking Notepad instead. This will present a couple new challenges. I will need to type what I would like read. But, it also has some great advantages. You can choose the voice, speed, and pitch of how the text is read. I am hoping that this will make it sound realistic and also save my voice.
Anyhow, this hasn't been a long post, but it's the direction and area I'm at right now - research, research, research.

1 comment:

  1. ...so I'm back on Librivox and doing a reading of "Frankenstein". Hopefully some of you will be able to use this . . . or perhaps I can someday :)

    ReplyDelete