Monday, November 2, 2009

Instructional Video...

Holy smokes! That assignment had some complications that I didn't expect! But, finally, it's done :) I called it Utopian Society. This instructional video is an example of what I would like my students to complete as their final assessment for W10 term...after completing "The Giver". I hope that they will better connect with the novel and the principles we'll discuss through this personal video they create. I think that I will have them do more about their personal utopia though...perhaps make it a 5 minute film.

2 comments:

  1. Christina, what were the complications? I'm curious.

    Anyway, great video! I'll come join your Utopia! My favorite part was the smiling monkey ;-).

    The only feedback I'd give you is that your voice is too soft at times, making it hard to hear.

    Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha...I liked the monkey smiling too! In regards to the complications, I HP Movie Maker only permits one audio recording. So you can't record your voice and put in background music. It took me a long time (even with internet resources) to figure out the manner in which the movie must be saved with the narration and pictures. After it was saved correctly, you have to go back and add the music. I almost did it with picture and music, adding narration second, but luckily found a site that recommended doing it the other way because once you save the pictures and narration you can't change the pacing or cut sections without the two effecting each other. So the music is easier to match over matching narration to music.
    Also, I noticed the soft voice issue as well. Balancing the voice after it was saved with the music is a trial because you can only alter the narration tone prior to saving the movie. And then putting the music overtop the narration kind of drowned it out at times. I would recommend recording the voice on the highest setting so that the music doesn't become too overpowering later.
    All-in-all, I found this the most fun and relevant of assignments! It was soooo interesting to learn this technology :)

    ReplyDelete