Monday, November 2, 2009

Ok...I'm officially overwhelmed

So, I know that we're suppose to be blogging about a technology we found to use in the classroom weekly...but I admit, holding a job, going to school full-time, and trying to plan a wedding can become a bit overwhelming. A decline in grades is expected...and definitely sleep deprivation! BUT I would definitely say it's worth it! And now, to get onto the point of this rambling blog: This past week we discussed in some of my classes how to use technology in the classroom and I thought it'd be a good thing to share with all of you. Prof. Ostenson shared some personal experience he had with creating movies in the classroom - careful not to go overboard so that you get drained out too early! In a group meeting we discussed how reading aloud can help your students, but so many teachers find this exhausting. That's where technology comes in! Take a break...get a tape recording of it!!! Anyhow, I know that's short and sweet - but those were a few thoughts that were running around my head at one in the morning. Gross!

1 comment:

  1. Good thoughts! Also, as far as reading aloud to your students, you can often find audio versions of children's and adult literature on librivox.org so check that out.

    Good luck on your wedding and all the things stressing you in your life!

    ReplyDelete